- 1 How do you take apart a Moen single handle kitchen faucet?
- 2 How do you remove the plug on a Moen faucet?
- 3 How do you tighten a Moen kitchen faucet under the sink?
- 4 How do I find my Moen faucet model number?
- 5 What kind of Moen valve do I have?
- 6 How do you remove a Moen faucet handle without screws?
- 7 How do you replace the O-ring on a Moen kitchen faucet?
How do you take apart a Moen single handle kitchen faucet?
Steps to follow to remove a Moen kitchen faucet
- Step 1: Turn off water.
- Step 2: Drain the pipes.
- Step 3: Remove the handle.
- Step 4: Remove the dome and plastic sleeve.
- Step 5: Removing the handle mechanism.
- Step 6: Remove the ring and washer.
- Step 7: Remove the spout.
- Step 8: Pull out the cartridge.
How do you remove the plug on a Moen faucet?
Remove plug button or cap from the handle by prying upwards from the bottom center. If a tool is required, use something which will not scratch the handle. 2. Using the 7/64″ hex key wrench, unscrew the set screw located behind the plug button or under the cap, turning hex key counter clockwise to remove set screw.
How do you tighten a Moen kitchen faucet under the sink?
Loosen and remove both supply lines by turning the nuts counterclockwise with the adjusted wrench. Slide a basin wrench up to one of the nuts holding the base to the sink. Turn the nut clockwise with the basin wrench until tight. Tighten the second faucet base nut.
How do I find my Moen faucet model number?
Exact model numbers can be found on your box or on your instruction sheet. If unavailable, you may find the general family series number on the back of the spout (non pullout).
What kind of Moen valve do I have?
If not the series number can be usually be found on the underside of the faucet or on the decorative escutcheon ring that goes around it. The second way to identify your Moen valve cartridge is to remove the old one. You will do this by first shutting off the hot and cold water feed to your shower.
How do you remove a Moen faucet handle without screws?
If you can’t have it out with your plain hands, try using a pair of pliers or faucet handle puller. Pliers can scratch your faucet’s handle if applied directly. Wrap an old cloth or towel around the handle’s base then use the pliers. After removing the handle, you may find some mineral deposits.
How do you replace the O-ring on a Moen kitchen faucet?
How to Replace an O-Ring in a Moen Faucet
- Shut off the water to the faucet beneath the sink.
- Examine the handle of the faucet where the O-ring is located.
- Use the appropriately-sized hex wrench to remove the hex screw holding the faucet handle in place.
- Pull the old O-ring off of the valve body, and discard it.