- 1 Do Moen faucets have O rings?
- 2 How do I change the O rings on my Moen kitchen faucet?
- 3 How do you take a Moen kitchen faucet apart?
- 4 How do you remove a Moen single handle kitchen faucet handle?
- 5 Where is the model number on a Moen cartridge?
- 6 Do you need faucet holes for undermount sink?
- 7 What kind of faucet do I need for an undermount sink?
Do Moen faucets have O rings?
The number of o-rings inside of your spout will vary depending on the model. It is essential to identify the model of the faucet in order to obtain the proper Moen service kit with the correct spout o-rings for your model; and different models utilize different sizes of o-rings.
How do I change the O rings on my Moen kitchen faucet?
How to Replace an O-Ring in a Moen Faucet
- Shut off the water to the faucet beneath the sink.
- Examine the handle of the faucet where the O-ring is located.
- Use the appropriately-sized hex wrench to remove the hex screw holding the faucet handle in place.
- Pull the old O-ring off of the valve body, and discard it.
How do you take a Moen kitchen faucet apart?
Steps to follow to remove a Moen kitchen faucet
- Step 1: Turn off water.
- Step 2: Drain the pipes.
- Step 3: Remove the handle.
- Step 4: Remove the dome and plastic sleeve.
- Step 5: Removing the handle mechanism.
- Step 6: Remove the ring and washer.
- Step 7: Remove the spout.
- Step 8: Pull out the cartridge.
How do you remove a Moen single handle kitchen faucet handle?
Some Moen faucets have handles that remove by loosening the screw in the back of the handle. To loosen this screw use a 3/32″ hex wrench. After the handle has been removed unscrew the spout collar nut by turning counterclockwise then lift and rotate the spout.
Where is the model number on a Moen cartridge?
Where do I find my faucet model number?
- The model number is printed on a tag that is attached to the cold water supply line of the faucet.
- The supply line is located below the sink, countertop, bath rim, or behind the bowl of a bidet.
- The model number, or part number, is typically preceded by “P/N.”
Do you need faucet holes for undermount sink?
Unlike other sink types, where the rim of the fixture includes pre-drilled faucet holes, there is no accessible rim on an undermount sink, which means you have to drill holes for the faucet in the countertop.
What kind of faucet do I need for an undermount sink?
Instead of a bridge faucet — a two-handle faucet with a separate side spray that requires three holes — choose a faucet with an integrated pullout spray that does not require an additional hole.