- 1 Should cabinet crown molding go to the ceiling?
- 2 How do you fill the gap between kitchen cabinets and ceiling?
- 3 Where do you nail crown molding?
- 4 What is the trim on top of cabinets called?
- 5 How much space should be between ceiling and upper cabinets?
- 6 Are kitchen soffits outdated?
- 7 How high should cabinets be above countertop?
- 8 How do you fix a gap between ceiling and Moulding?
- 9 How do you install filler strips on top of cabinets?
Should cabinet crown molding go to the ceiling?
1 ) Never leave crown moldings closer than 9 inches from a ceiling. Once you get within a foot of the ceiling you should have the cabinetry and molding meet ceiling. Don’t create spaces that look odd and that can’t be cleaned.
How do you fill the gap between kitchen cabinets and ceiling?
You can build the cabinets to the ceiling (most expensive option), keep the area open (no cost!), build a soffit to match the cabinets, or add a drywall soffit.
Where do you nail crown molding?
Crown molding is usually nailed to the wall studs along the bottom edge and into the ceiling joists above– a lot of stud-finder work.
What is the trim on top of cabinets called?
Crown molding is decorative trim that is added to the top of your cabinets. The benefit of installing crown molding is that it draws the eye upward, showcasing the elegance of your cabinets. Crown molding can either bond with the ceiling or allow for space above the cabinet.
How much space should be between ceiling and upper cabinets?
Most homes built in the last 50 years have kitchen cabinets that are 32 or 36 inches tall, installed so there is a gap of 1 to 2 feet between the tops of the cabinets and the ceiling.
Are kitchen soffits outdated?
Kitchen soffits are out of style, with fewer people retaining these fixtures in their homes and fewer still having them installed at all. Their outdated look often makes a room look smaller, and when building new kitchens, it’s better to free up that space for a bigger and brighter feel.
How high should cabinets be above countertop?
How high should wall cabinets be hung above the counter? “The standard distance is 18 inches ” from the top of the counter to the bottom of the wall cabinet, Scott says.
How do you fix a gap between ceiling and Moulding?
After crown molding installation, there is usually a large gap between the crown molding and the wall or ceiling. Latex caulk is a good way to fill these gaps. Spread a bead of caulk along the gap with a caulk gun. Smooth the caulk with your finger and let the caulk dry overnight.
How do you install filler strips on top of cabinets?
- Cut the filler strip to length with a miter saw.
- Rip the filler strip to width with a table saw and fine tooth blade.
- Clamp the filler strip to the cabinet using a cabinet claw.
- Drill a pilot hole completely through the cabinet frame and partway into the filler strip.