Solved! How to Find the Correct Upper Cabinet Height
- The ideal upper cabinet height is 54 inches above the floor.
- In other words, hang upper cabinets 18 inches above the top of the countertop.
- Lower the height to 48 inches from the ground to accommodate those with limited mobility.
- 1 What is the standard height to hang kitchen cabinets?
- 2 What is the best height for kitchen wall cabinets?
- 3 What is the standard height between upper and lower cabinets?
- 4 How high should base cabinets be from the floor?
- 5 How high should cabinets be for an 8 foot ceiling?
- 6 How high should upper cabinets be from countertop?
- 7 How much space should be between cabinet and wall?
- 8 Should you install upper or lower cabinets first?
What is the standard height to hang kitchen cabinets?
This is because the general rule is that kitchen wall cabinets should hang 18 inches above the countertop. So, the standard wall cabinet should be installed 54 inches above the floor. However, you may have to make adjustments for custom heights of base cabinets and countertops.
What is the best height for kitchen wall cabinets?
Wall Cupboards are usually fitted 500mm above a 900mm high worktop, though if your worktop is thicker than 30mm then this dimension will diminish. 500mm is a comfortable dimension and if you have any Tall Cupboards in your kitchen the cupboard tops will line through.
What is the standard height between upper and lower cabinets?
The standard distance between the top of a kitchen counter and the bottom of the wall cabinets above it is 18 inches. For the average person, this distance is the ideal balance between plenty of space to work on the countertop and the ability to reach all of the shelves in the cabinet.
How high should base cabinets be from the floor?
Height: Typically, standard base cabinets measure 34 1/2″ H and 36″ H from the floor to the top of the countertop when a countertop is installed. The toe kick portion of the cabinet is 4 1/2″ H, the standard door height is 24″ H, and the top drawer height is 6″ H (equaling 34 1/2″ H total).
How high should cabinets be for an 8 foot ceiling?
Ceiling Height A general rule of thumb is for wall cabinets to be mounted so the bottom edge is 54 inches above the floor, which means that an 8-foot-tall ceiling creates 42 inches of available space for wall cabinets, while a 9-foot-tall ceiling has 54 available inches.
How high should upper cabinets be from countertop?
The height between the top of the countertop and the bottom of the upper cabinet should be 18 inches, the height of a standard backsplash.
How much space should be between cabinet and wall?
The distance between the base cabinet (including kitchen countertops) and wall cabinet is normally between 18 and 20 inches. This is low enough to provide easy access to the wall cabinet contents for most people, and still have enough space to keep and use small appliances as well as use the workspace comfortably.
Should you install upper or lower cabinets first?
Installing upper cabinets first allows better access for lifting the cabinets in place, whether you use extra manpower or special tools such as cabinet lifts. But installing lowers first can also have advantages. If floors are uneven, leveling the lowers first is important to establish uniform spacing for the uppers.