- 1 How do you wire under cabinet lighting?
- 2 Do under cabinet lights go in front or back?
- 3 What kind of wire do you use for under-cabinet lighting?
- 4 How many under-cabinet lights do I need?
- 5 How do you wire LED under cabinet lighting?
- 6 What is the best placement for under cabinet lights?
- 7 Do under cabinet LED lights need a transformer?
- 8 Where should LED strip lights go?
How do you wire under cabinet lighting?
Then, follow these steps for installation:
- Disconnect the power. Locate the correct breaker and turn off the power supply to the switch outlet where you’re going to connect the lights.
- Attach the lights.
- Cut the wall.
- Run the wire.
- Run the cord.
- Connect the lights.
- Wire the switch.
- Cover your work.
Do under cabinet lights go in front or back?
When mounting any fixture under a cabinet, position it to the front. If there is a lens, face it toward the backsplash. The bottom-front rail of the cabinet should hide the fixture from your line of sight, whether you’re standing or seated.
What kind of wire do you use for under-cabinet lighting?
Although wire size ultimately depends on your light-fixture manufacturer’s specifications, 12-gauge wire is standard for most incandescent and fluorescent under-cabinet fixtures. A basic installation requires a 12-2 NM cable.
How many under-cabinet lights do I need?
In general, one puck light is needed for every 8–12 in. of cabinet length. This spacing will provide the best uniformity and distribution of light and avoid any dark areas under the cabinets.
How do you wire LED under cabinet lighting?
Wire Inside the Cabinet Measure, cut, and add extensions to enough LED tape to cover the underside of the cabinet above the sink. Push the wires through the hole in the taller cabinet. Twist together the two stripped positive wires and secure them with low-voltage wiring nuts.
What is the best placement for under cabinet lights?
If you want to install under cabinet lighting as task lighting, you should place the strip lights closer to the middle front edge of the cabinets, so the countertop will be exposed to as much light as possible. For ambient or accent lighting, you may want to place them closer to the back edge.
Do under cabinet LED lights need a transformer?
When installing low voltage under cabinet lights, you will have to take some special measures. You’ll need a transformer to convert your home’s voltage supply to a much Page 11 11 lower number, and if you plan to use any accessories, like dimmers, they’ll need to be compatible with your lighting system.
Where should LED strip lights go?
5 great spots for LED strip lights around your home
- Under cabinets. As the name implies, under-cabinet lighting illuminates areas underneath your cabinetry.
- Along toe kicks.
- Under shelves.
- Under the bed.
- Behind computer and TV screens.