Here are seven places you can put it that won’t take up precious prep space:
- 1) Over the range. This is a classic choice, especially in smaller kitchens.
- 2) On an upper shelf.
- 3) On a lower shelf.
- 4) Built in with a trim kit.
- 5) In combination with a wall oven.
- 6) In a drawer.
- 7) HIDDEN In a cabinet.
- 1 Where should the microwave go in a kitchen?
- 2 Where do you put a microwave in a small kitchen?
- 3 Can you put a microwave anywhere?
- 4 Where do you put a 2021 microwave?
- 5 How close can a microwave be to a sink?
- 6 How much clearance does a microwave need?
- 7 How high should a microwave be from the floor?
- 8 Can microwave be kept on wooden table?
- 9 Can I put microwave on top of fridge?
- 10 Where should you not put a microwave?
- 11 Can you put a microwave against a wall?
- 12 Is it safe to put microwave in cabinet?
- 13 Is microwave over stove outdated?
- 14 Does a microwave need to be vented?
- 15 Where should I put my oven in my kitchen?
Where should the microwave go in a kitchen?
Aim for a location that’s convenient to the countertop, stove top and fridge. It’s really common to pop something straight from the fridge into the microwave, so you want the two to be close together – while ensuring there’s bench space nearby.
Where do you put a microwave in a small kitchen?
When determining where to put a microwave in a small kitchen, the ultimate goal is to create or maintain as much space as possible. Therefore, the best places for a microwave in a small kitchen would be on a microwave rack, a baker’s rack, or hutch pantry, as well as inside custom cabinetry or counters.
Can you put a microwave anywhere?
This means you can place your shelf nearly anywhere in your kitchen. Just make sure it is wide enough and sturdy enough to support the size and weight of your microwave.
Where do you put a 2021 microwave?
Over the Range
- Below the Counter. If you don’t have enough space on your counter and cabinet shelves, consider taking out a drawer and replacing it with your microwave.
- Built-in Unit.
- On the Countertop.
- Inside a Cabinet.
- Inside the Pantry.
How close can a microwave be to a sink?
As a rule of thumb, don’t put your microwave too near to the sink. Make sure it’s 4-9 feet away. You don’t want to short it out or electrocute yourself with accidental splashes.
How much clearance does a microwave need?
3″ of clearance on both sides and the top. 1″ clearance in the rear. The front edge of the microwave (measured at door) should sit at least 3″ or more back on the counter or shelf to avoid accidental tipping. If located on the counter near a range, we recommend locating it at least 2 ft away.
How high should a microwave be from the floor?
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) recommends the height of a microwave oven to be installed 24-48″ above the floor height for safety.
Can microwave be kept on wooden table?
Setting up the Microwave. Place the microwave on a flat, dry surface. A clean counter in your kitchen or a solid, wooden table would be good for the microwave. Do not put the microwave near a gas or electric range, such as your stove.
Can I put microwave on top of fridge?
Yes, it is right to put your microwave on top of your fridge. Most people place their microwaves on their kitchen counters, but not all of us have that. If you have no enough kitchen space, the top of your fridge will be an excellent place to put your microwave.
Where should you not put a microwave?
11 Things You Should Never Put In The Microwave
- Aluminum Foil. It’s nice to see sparks fly, but not so much when it comes to reheating your food.
- Paper Bags. All paper bags are not created equal.
- Plastic Bags and Plastic Containers.
- Travel Mugs.
- Your Favorite Shirt.
- Hard-boiled Eggs.
- Hot Peppers.
- Styrofoam in Microwave.
Can you put a microwave against a wall?
Microwave oven close to a wall: This is the worst scenario. Microwave ovens need lots of space around it especially because this appliance has only one door. If you put it against a wall, both the door of the microwave and your wall can get damaged over time.
Is it safe to put microwave in cabinet?
You can put a countertop microwave in a cabinet instead of a built-in type, as long as you follow the necessary safety precautions (ensuring adequate ventilation, the shelf is strong enough to hold it, and proper wire management) to ensure your cabinet and microwave don’t get damaged.
Is microwave over stove outdated?
Over-the-range microwave Instead of saving space in the kitchen by putting the microwave over the range, move it to a built-in cubby under the counter. While over-the-range microwaves have been stylish for years, the trend is on the way out in 2018.
Does a microwave need to be vented?
You generally only need to vent a microwave if you install it above the range in your kitchen. Microwaves that go beneath the range in your kitchen generally have built-in fans instead. External venting is required in some zones and counties, so check your local building codes.
Where should I put my oven in my kitchen?
The sink, main refrigerator, and stove should be in close proximity to each other. You require a minimum of 4 feet between each point to easily maneuver, and equally not more than 9 feet. This allows easy access to get food from the refrigerator to a preparation point, and then into the oven.