- 1 What makes a craftsman-style kitchen?
- 2 How do you modernize a Craftsman kitchen?
- 3 What is a Craftsman cottage?
- 4 How do you remodel a Craftsman home?
- 5 What is a French country kitchen?
- 6 What is a bungalow kitchen?
- 7 Who designed Craftsman homes?
- 8 What are the 6 types of kitchen layouts?
- 9 Is there an app where I can take a picture of my kitchen and design it?
- 10 Is there an app to help me design my kitchen?
- 11 What is the difference between Shaker and Mission-style?
- 12 What are Craftsman cabinets?
- 13 What are Shaker cabinets?
What makes a craftsman-style kitchen?
Craftsman-style kitchen cabinets are defined by straight, clean lines and minimal ornamentation. Natural wood is the main feature of a craftsman kitchen. Therefore, cabinets are made of sturdy, durable woods. The use of glass in the cabinet doors is also an option.
How do you modernize a Craftsman kitchen?
Scroll on for 27 ways to give your craftsman kitchen a beautifully modern remodel.
- Freshen things up with white.
- Install a tile backsplash.
- Add unexpected touches.
- Consider a two-tone paint job.
- Incorporate warm accessories.
- Showcase patterned flooring.
- Pick a monochromatic palette.
- Feature lots of wood.
What is a Craftsman cottage?
The Craftsman architectural style is generally considered a reaction against the eclectic, ornate look of Victorian-style homes. This simplified aesthetic commonly features horizontal lines, low-pitched gable roofs, and spacious covered front porches.
How do you remodel a Craftsman home?
Here are just a few ways to update your home to accentuate its original features:
- Refinish original hardwood floors.
- Build or refinish wood paneling, beams, and built-in cabinets.
- Update or expand your porch.
- Choose earthy, natural colors.
- Reface an original fireplace or add a wood stove.
- Add creative exterior lighting.
What is a French country kitchen?
What exactly is a French country kitchen? It is a beautifully decorated cooking space that feels both homey and elegant. Think kitchen cabinetry that resembles traditional furniture, fancy oven hoods with crown molding or scalloped edges, and charming rustic accents that feel more Parisian shabby chic than rural.
What is a bungalow kitchen?
Bungalow-era kitchens from the first quarter of the 20th century were smallish rooms, separated from the rest of the living area, “sanitary” in their use of white tile and ivory enamel. Cabinets were plain, the floor was linoleum, and lighting was utilitarian.
Who designed Craftsman homes?
William Morris, an English reformer and designer inspired by the art critic John Ruskin, was one of the founding members of the Arts and Crafts movement, which sparked the American Craftsman and bungalow styles of architecture.
What are the 6 types of kitchen layouts?
There are six basic types of kitchen layouts: Island, Parallel, Straight, L-Shape, U-Shape, Open, and Galley.
Is there an app where I can take a picture of my kitchen and design it?
Houzz Interior Design is available for both iOS and Android and lets you take and upload pictures of your kitchen and then add features such as cabinets, lamps, stools and sinks onto the picture.
Is there an app to help me design my kitchen?
RoomSketcher is an easy-to-use floor plan and home design app that you can use as a kitchen planner to design your kitchen. Create a floor plan of your kitchen, try different layouts, and visualize with different materials for the walls, floor, countertops, and cabinets – all in one easy-to-use app.
What is the difference between Shaker and Mission-style?
When comparing Shaker and Mission furniture styles, Shaker furniture has a more delicate appearance, with chairs and tables featuring tapered legs. The square legs of Mission-style furniture provide a heavier, more solid look.
What are Craftsman cabinets?
Craftsman-style kitchen cabinets are often defined by simple straight lines, quality construction and minimal ornamentation. They originated with the Arts and Crafts movement, which began in the end of the 19th century in England.
What are Shaker cabinets?
In the world of cabinetry, shaker cabinets are units that are simple but aesthetically pleasing. Shakers cabinet doors are cope-and-stick construction and recessed panel doors with simple and clean inside and outside edges.