- 1 How do I weather proof my outdoor kitchen?
- 2 Does an outdoor kitchen need a foundation?
- 3 Can you put an outdoor kitchen against the house?
- 4 Does an outdoor kitchen Increase home value?
- 5 How do you weatherproof cabinets?
- 6 How do I run water to my outdoor kitchen?
- 7 How thick of a slab for an outdoor kitchen?
- 8 Can you build an outdoor kitchen on top of pavers?
- 9 Can you put a BBQ under a pergola?
- 10 How long do outdoor kitchens last?
- 11 How long does it take to build an outdoor kitchen?
- 12 How do you install an outdoor kitchen?
How do I weather proof my outdoor kitchen?
How do you winterize an outdoor kitchen?
- Drain your outdoor faucet(s).
- Drain sprinklers.
- Clean and polish your stainless steel grill.
- Turn off your gas line.
- Polish your cabinetry.
- Store all your outdoor furniture.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean out your ice maker.
Does an outdoor kitchen need a foundation?
Your outdoor kitchen should have a footing that isolates it from the rest of the slab, and you should use actual cement board, which is often confused with HardieBacker board. A proper outdoor kitchen constructed for a cold-weather climate definitely begins with a foundation that is below the frost line.
Can you put an outdoor kitchen against the house?
There’s no “right” spot for an outdoor kitchen. You might like the idea of a barbecuing area just outside the back door of your house, or a freestanding kitchen pavilion by the pool might suit your style better. An outdoor kitchen close to the house is popular for several reasons.
Does an outdoor kitchen Increase home value?
Outdoor Kitchens continue to grow in popularity, and experts in the space believe that an outdoor kitchen significantly increases the value of a home. A study from Absolute Outdoor Kitchens found homes with an outdoor kitchen see an ROI of between 100% and 200% than homes without.
How do you weatherproof cabinets?
10 Tips For Waterproofing Your Cabinets
- Under Sink Mats.
- Spray-on Rubber Coating.
- Use Vinyl Tiles.
- Waterproof Shelf Liners.
- Waterproof Your Wood Surfaces.
- Replace Leaking Pipes.
- Caulk Everything.
- Check The Backsplash.
How do I run water to my outdoor kitchen?
Add a water supply line from inside the house, with shutoff valves and drain plugs at the lowest point. Run the supply line through the wall of the house and out to the outdoor kitchen. Route the pipe through the bottom of the outdoor sink base cabinet. Install male-threaded adapters for the sink tubes.
How thick of a slab for an outdoor kitchen?
Weight – Standard concrete patios are typically built 4” thick. The weight of most outdoor kitchens when fully equipped is too heavy for 4” concrete.
Can you build an outdoor kitchen on top of pavers?
The center of the outdoor kitchen is the grill, with a variety of other materials for food preparation and serving. With a bit of planning and some technical information, you can build your own outdoor kitchen using inexpensive material, such as paver blocks.
Can you put a BBQ under a pergola?
Pergolas and Barbecues Don’t set your barbecue against any of the beams of the pergola as they may become brittle or warp from the heat of the grill. The best place for the barbecue is midway between posts at an outer edge of the structure. Trim vines and branches away from the barbecue.
How long do outdoor kitchens last?
Practicality. An outdoor kitchen is an investment that will last you 10 or more years, as long as you maintain the space and clean your appliances consistently.
How long does it take to build an outdoor kitchen?
On average, outdoor kitchens can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months (or more) to complete. To be sure your space is ready when you need it, it’s best to start the process as soon as you’ve made the decision to commit to the project.
How do you install an outdoor kitchen?
Get inspired with the creative options below!
- Transform a Patio into a Kitchen.
- Move Your Kitchen to an Open Deck.
- Turn a Covered Deck into an Outdoor Kitchen.
- Add an Outdoor Kitchen to Your Pool.
- Make the Ultimate Backyard Entertaining Space.
- Set Up a Cooking Station Under a Pergola.
- Combine the Kitchen & Dining Area.