- 1 Does an outdoor kitchen need to be covered?
- 2 How much does it cost to make an outdoor kitchen?
- 3 Do you need planning permission for brick BBQ?
- 4 How do I run water to my outdoor kitchen?
- 5 What are outdoor kitchens made of?
- 6 Can you build an outdoor kitchen on pavers?
- 7 Can you grill under a pergola?
- 8 How long do outdoor kitchens last?
- 9 Does an outdoor kitchen add value?
Does an outdoor kitchen need to be covered?
An outdoor kitchen should be covered and protected against the elements, particularly if it’s an open-air kitchen. Although the materials used to build outdoor kitchens are somewhat weatherproof, they will degrade over time if left to face adverse weather conditions, cold, or moisture.
How much does it cost to make an outdoor kitchen?
Most outdoor kitchen projects exclusive of paving and overhead structures will fall into this division of costs: General construction $5,000 to $12,000. Cost and installation of appliances $2,000 to $5,000. Cost of an outdoor kitchen with brick or masonry $400 to $600 per linear foot.
Do you need planning permission for brick BBQ?
* Planning and building permission is not required if the barbecue hut is located to the rear portion of your property. However, if the structure is at the middle or front area of the garden or the property where it is most likely visible, then it is considered a permitted development.
How do I run water to my outdoor kitchen?
Add a water supply line from inside the house, with shutoff valves and drain plugs at the lowest point. Run the supply line through the wall of the house and out to the outdoor kitchen. Route the pipe through the bottom of the outdoor sink base cabinet. Install male-threaded adapters for the sink tubes.
What are outdoor kitchens made of?
While most outdoor grills and appliances are going to be stainless steel, and most countertops will be stone to hold up to the weather, you have a few options for outdoor cabinet materials that are both weather- and termite-proof. Some of these materials include stainless steel, marine-grade polymer, teak and stone.
Can you build an outdoor kitchen on pavers?
The outdoor kitchen is another entertaining option that offers more convenience and fun for both guests and hosts alike. With a bit of planning and some technical information, you can build your own outdoor kitchen using inexpensive material, such as paver blocks.
Can you grill under a pergola?
There’s no better way to prepare a meal than in the beauty of the outdoors under your residential pergola. The fully-extruded aluminum design of StruXture residential pergolas is heat-resistant and grill-friendly, making it the perfect spot to prepare and enjoy a meal.
How long do outdoor kitchens last?
Practicality. An outdoor kitchen is an investment that will last you 10 or more years, as long as you maintain the space and clean your appliances consistently.
Does an outdoor kitchen add value?
Outdoor Kitchens continue to grow in popularity, and experts in the space believe that an outdoor kitchen significantly increases the value of a home. A study from Absolute Outdoor Kitchens found homes with an outdoor kitchen see an ROI of between 100% and 200% than homes without.