- 1 Can you build outdoor kitchen on a deck?
- 2 Can you put a built in grill on a wood deck?
- 3 How much do outdoor kitchens weigh?
- 4 How do you hide a grill on a deck?
- 5 Where should a grill be placed on a deck?
- 6 How do I protect my deck from grill?
- 7 How do you run a water line to an outdoor kitchen?
- 8 Does an outdoor kitchen need a foundation?
Can you build outdoor kitchen on a deck?
You can build an outdoor kitchen on a deck, but you’ll first need to assess its load bearing capacity and the wood used to build it. Then you need to consider how your gas, water, electricity and drainage utilities will be connected, and what kitchen cabinets and appliances to fit for outdoor use.
Can you put a built in grill on a wood deck?
While grill fire safety is important for any outdoor kitchen setup, it’s especially of concern for wooden decks. Granted, the bottom of your grill should not be getting too hot, but you should be careful not to put the grill too close to a wooden railing.
How much do outdoor kitchens weigh?
An outdoor kitchen is usually pretty heavy, as even small sizes weigh about 800 lbs.
How do you hide a grill on a deck?
How to Hide a Grill
- Store your grill in a corner of your yard or deck.
- Place potted trees in front of the grill if you are renting and can’t install permanent items or if you don’t have a suitable corner to use.
- Invest in a fold-up wall barbecue if you have a small yard or deck and want to save space.
Where should a grill be placed on a deck?
Keep the gas grill on the deck away from overhead tree branches. Trees around the deck may be great, providing shade while you grill. But make sure that there is at least 10′ (3m) between the top of the grill and the tree branches. Hate to burn those trees while frying your steaks.
How do I protect my deck from grill?
Grill Mats — Protect your deck from burning embers and stubborn grease stains by placing a grill mat under the pit. Look for a durable mat that is heavy enough to withstand wind and extends a few inches past the perimeter of your grill.
How do you run a water line to an outdoor kitchen?
Add a water supply line from inside the house, with shutoff valves and drain plugs at the lowest point. Run the supply line through the wall of the house and out to the outdoor kitchen. Route the pipe through the bottom of the outdoor sink base cabinet. Install male-threaded adapters for the sink tubes.
Does an outdoor kitchen need a foundation?
Your outdoor kitchen should have a footing that isolates it from the rest of the slab, and you should use actual cement board, which is often confused with HardieBacker board. A proper outdoor kitchen constructed for a cold-weather climate definitely begins with a foundation that is below the frost line.